Friday, February 6, 2015

Embedded PARCC Practice

Let's take a look at a quiz I created on Google Forms that has PARCC-like questions.

I really like how the quiz felt very much like those challenging, deep-thinking PARCC questions and yet still let me use the content that I teach.  Take a look and you'll see how well my important, life-skills content meshed with the test prep to make the activity feel worthwhile.

First Question:  Students practiced a multi-select item.  Their teachers and I have already pointed out to them that when they see a square to the left of their answer choices that means there is more than one answer they need to select.

Second Question with Part A and B:  I used section headers in Google Forms to make a two-part question.  I saw lots of these on the PARCC practice tests and decided it was definitely important to practice.  I also embedded the video we used during the lesson and marked where the content was in the video by giving students the time markers in parentheses.  This question relies heavily on using the context clues given in the video as each answer choice could seem correct if you don't watch the video.  This matched the style of the PARCC questions perfectly.  Part B asks for text evidence so we could practice our Language Arts Common Core skills within the context of my digital citizenship unit.
Final Question:  Again, we practice a multi-select item with this question.

Take a look at my last post about the using Google Forms for PARCC practice to find out more about how Google Forms helps us practice PARCC-like questions.

3 comments: